The Prolific Profile Of Musa Husunu :The INEC top Official & His Ambitious Drive To Promote Democratic Values
“Democracy is not a bottle of Coca-Cola which you can import. Democracy should develop according to that particular country”
By Chief MIKE De Cerutti
Award Winning Best Celebrity Prolific Writer
The name MUSA HUSUNU may not ring a loud bell, but his story of grass to grace is one worthy of talking careful note on
A professional civil servant who has been with the
independent national electoral commission from 1993 till date, Husunu cuts the story of one time America’s presidential candidate Jesse Louis Jackson Sr.
Jackson had said in a historic quote that “Success
needs no explanation. Failure does not have one that matters” No doubt presenting a prolific profile of Husunu will paint similar life story like that of Jesse Louis Jackson Sr.
For starters, who is Jesse Louis Jackson Sr.?
For benefit of those who may not know, Jesse Louis
Jackson Sr. Is an American politician, civil rights activist, television personality and Baptist minister. He has served the District of Columbia as the Shadow U.S Senator. Jackson grew up at a time when racial segregation was still in place in the United States and his experiences as a child and then as a student at the Sterling High School formed the basis of his civil rights activism.
He earned a football scholarship to the University of
Illinois but later moved to North Carolina A&T, from where he graduated with a degree in sociology. Jackson enrolled at the Chicago Theological Seminary but discontinued the course in order to participate in the civil rights movement and became a minister of the church in 1968.
During his time as a civil rights activist, Jackson
worked under the great Martin Luther King Junior and throughout his association with the movement, he is known to have shown a remarkable degree of expertise in organizational skills that were far beyond his years. Jackson was without doubt one of the leading young members of the civil rights movement and later on in life, he created a place for himself as a politician as well
On his part, Husunu was not born with any silver
spoon, in fact his childhood was one devoid of luxury of the good life, and he had to pass through series of rough moment on his road to the top
Born in the historic and traditional city of Yelwa
,Husunu obtained his primary school leaving certificate from the yelwa practicing primary school, Maiduguri and immediately proceeded to the yerwa comprehensive primary school, maiduguri for his secondary school certificate from 1980-1985
That he is today pursuing his masters in business
admin (mba) in view at the nasarawa state university keffi is not a child splay, he had initially struggled to even complete his first degree programe at the UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI where he bagged a BSc in education chemistry- due to lack of money from his parents, who were poor traders and had many to trained. Young Husunu had to join his uncle to trade in markets to be able to pay his school fees in the university
Today he has proved that there is dignity in hard work
and tells today’s youths that of few benefits of hard work
In his words “Hard Work Brings New Opportunities –
That is, hard work opens doors. The lazy complain about the lack of luck. Thomas Jefferson said ““I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” Those who work hard find new opportunities always presenting themselves. Hard work is like an opportunity magnet. Sometimes these opportunities just seem to appear out of thin air, other times they come through new acquaintances, and often they are the result of greater insights and understanding that hard work produced. Whatever the manner – hard work is usually the cause. Edison’s famous words are relevant to this point: “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
He was home in telling the young ones another
advantage of hard work, according to him Hard Work Draws Attention – Want to get noticed? Work hard. The diligent stand out. We live in a culture that increasingly encourages and fosters minimal effort. Want to turn some heads today? Give 110% to whatever you are doing. It doesn’t matter how many talents you have, or what you are called to do, do it with passion! Give it your heart! And soon the world will be watching. “If a man is called a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.”
It is not a surprise that via hard work and focus
Husunu has crossed many barriers and his professional career calling has taken him to places that hitherto seems impossible
CHECK OUT HIS VOYAGE SO FAR
* Employed on 16th December 1993
2. Electoral Officer (EO), AMAC INEC FCT 2006-2007
3. Conducted 2006-2007 General Registration Exercise
in AMAC INEC FCT
4. Electoral Officer (EO), Gwagwalada Area Council
2007 – 2008
5. Conducted 2007 General Election in Gwagwalada Area
Council INEC FCT
6. Head of Servicom Division INEC FCT 2008
7. Electoral Officer (EO), Jada LGA Adamawa State for
the Governorship Re-run Election in April 2008
8. Electoral Officer (EO),Bokos LGA, Plateau State for
Senatorial District By-election May 2008
9. Electoral Officer (EO), Sokoto North LGA, Sokoto
State Governorship Re-run Election May 2008
10. Electoral Officer (EO), Abuja Municipal Area
Council (AMAC) 2008 – 2011, conducted Voter Registration Exercise (VRE) 2011
11. Electoral Officer (EO), Abaji Area Council INEC
FCT, conducted Training for the 2011 General Elections.
12. Electoral Officer (EO), Kaduna North 2011, General
13. Head of Department Technical Service 25th May 2012
14. Election Head Supervisor for 31st March 2012
Governorship Election in Fakai Local Government Area, Kebbi State
15. Head of Department Voter Education and Publicity
16. Assistant Director Political Party Monitoring
Division in charge of Political party monitoring 2013-2015
17. Deputy Director, Political Party monitoring in
charge of political party monitoring 2015 till date.
18. monitoring of political party primaries;
I8 All Progressive Congress (APC) – LGA, State and
National Convention 2014 (Congresses, Primaries and National convention nationwide)
ii. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) – Local Government
Congresses and primaries nationwide 2014
iii. Coordinate political parties’ consultative
19. Team leader/Zonal Coordinator Borno Central
Senatorial District Bye-Election
20. Team Leader for National Assembly, Governorship
and PresidentialElection 2015, Sokoto State, Nigeria.
21. Team leader/ Zonal Coordinator Kanna,
GokonaFedaral constituency Bye-Election Rivers state 2016
22. APC governorship primaries for Anambra State 2018.
23. North-West Zonal Cascade workshop on campaign
Finance Tracking katsina 2018.
24. Training Workshop on Finance Tracking/ Reporting
organized by European for election system in keffiNasarawa State 2018.
25. Acting Director EPM May 2018.
26. Received notice of Political Party Congress,
Conventions, Primaries and Executive Committee Meeting for 2019 General Election
27. Coordinated the schedule of Monitoring Teams to
monitor Party Congresses, Conventions Primaries and Executive Committee Meetings
28. Monitor and Report on compliance by Political
Parties with all provisions of Party Constitutions and democratic principles
29. Review political party internal crisis and make
appropriate recommendations to the Commission
30. Process the appointment of Professional Auditors
to conduct annual audit of political parties.
31. Collated and summarized the annual audit reports
on the account of political parties.
Process the publishing of annual Audit of Political
Party Accounts are required by law.
Ensure the continued review and update of Political
Party Finance Handbook and Manual.
32. Coordinate political parties’ stakeholder’s
Ensure the maintenance of up-to-date listing of
candidates nominated at party primaries.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director,
Elections and Party Monitoring Dept.
33. Coordinate Super Visual Political Party Congresses
Nationwide for 2019 General Election.
34. Coordinate/Supervise the monitoring of Party
Conventions for 2019 General Election.
He has also won several awards which included but not
1. Institute of Corporate Administration award for
outstanding prowess in Administrative matters and as a professional Fellow 14 December, 2017.
2. Nigerian Humanitarian Icon Award(NIHIA)
recognition and appreciation of Humanitarian Services in Nigeria 24 of March 2018.
3. News toast Magazine West African Administration
Merit Award 15th August, 2018.
4. African Expression Certificate of Honors 29th
5. African Internal Media Organization Letter of
Honors September, 2018
6. Gender Inequity for Women’s Right in Politics
(NGO) 29th September.
7. Aidon Communications Best Performing Monitoring
Personality Merit Award 2017 2nf October, 2018.
8. Royal meritorious service award certificate for
Recognitions and service award.
9. Centre for career development and youth
Empowerment advocacy, Excellence service merit award 24th November, 2018
10. NIPPS, Political Party leadership & policy
Development center served as Facilitator in 2day training program 27- 28 November, 2018.
11. Legislative writers Forum: Excellent leadership
and Humanitarian service award 17th January, 2019.
12. Public Service Personality of the year (Gold
award 2018); In recognition of his exemplary leadership Qualities and Excellence in Public service.
* With a passion that includes Interest in Reading,
Research and Innovation ,Husunu’s dream is to help To promote in building good, reliable and lasting democracy in Nigeria and just like one of Africa’s foremost statesmen, Julius Kambarage Nyerere - the first President of Tanzania and previously Tanganyika, said on June 1991 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
“Democracy is not a bottle of Coca-Cola which you can
import. Democracy should develop according to that particular country”. June 1991 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.Today Husunu says his dream is to help promote, uphold
and defend our democracy
Very best wishes to the resilient democratic lover
*Osagie is the Publisher of CERUTTI MEDIA
He an be contacted via +234 7042631895