JERRY GANA, SDP PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT SPEAKS ON HIS VISION OF NIGERIA OF FUTURE............And His Prolific Profile
“We have the blessing of the wealth of our vast resources, the power of our talents and the potentialities of our people. Let us grasp now the opportunities before us and meet the challenge to our survival. ”
- In a huge Address to the National Assembly on 26 March 1965, late Ghana President and Africa hero Kwame Nkrumah gave that quote
BY MIKE CERUTTI OSAGIE
As if reading Nkrumah’s mind a former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, is now preaching peace and return of Nigeria to greatness
Gana who argued that said that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has failed Nigerians woefully, argued that "Because the Constitution of Nigeria said and we agreed with it, that the security and safety of people is the primary responsibility of government and any government that cannot do that has failed. Therefore, this APC government has failed, failed and failed woefully," he said.
The former minister further posited that in view of the insecurity currently pervading the country, there is the need for police structure to be restructured to become federal, state and even community policing so that the people can stay safe.
He also emphasized on restructuring of the country, devolution of power to the federating units so that they could have constitutional power and authority to look after the basic needs of their citizens such as the need of security, health, housing, agriculture among other developments at the basic levels.
On why he is desirous to be President he mused "We love peace, we love freedom, we love the federal republic of Nigeria but we'll never accept that our lands are taken away from us and will become homeless people in our own country. It's not possible," Gana concluded.
GANA: A ROBUST PROFILE of Prof. Jerry Gana CON.
- Senator of the Federal Republic;
- Consulting Director of the Directorate of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DFRRI);
- Chairman of MAMSER;
- Minister of Agriculture and Natural Resources;
- Minister of Information and Culture;
- Foundation Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP);
- First Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the PDP;
- Minister of Cooperation and Integration in Africa;
- Minister of Information and National Orientation.
- Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters.
- Member of the Distinguished Elders Committee for peace and Good Governance.
- Industrial Location;
- Regional Development Strategies;
- M.Sc Course in Urban and Regional Planning of the Faculty of Environmental Design;
- M.SC Course in Rural Development
- Geopolitics and Strategic Studies at the Command and Staff College, Jaji;
- Guest Lectures in Strategic Studies at the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS, Kuru).
- Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society;
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society;
- President, Society for International Development (SID), Abuja Chapter;
- D.D (Honoris Causa), Nigeria Baptist College;
- Chancellor, University of Mkar;
- Pro-Chancellor, Cornerstone University of Technology, Bida (a new University of Technology);
- Commander Order of the Niger (CON), as a National Order of Merit.
- Chairman of Supertek Nigeria Limited;
- Chairman of Supertek Electric Limited;
- Chairman of Supertek Farms Limited, with some 20,000ha of farmland;
- Chairman of ABC Shelters, engaged in housing and property development;
- Chairman, Agrovilla Nigeria Limited;
- Chairman of LivingWater Pharmacy Limited, engaged in pharmaceutical industries with NNE Pharmaplan of Germany;
- Director, Golden Sugar Company Limited; with Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC
- Director, Nigerian Bag Manufacturing Company (BAGCO) Plc,
- Chairman , Finetek Industries in Development with Dutch Agricultural Dev. Company Ltd (DATCO)
Chairman, Apex Petroleum Concepts Ltd in Development with F.L. Engineering of China to establish Biodiesel refineries in Nigeria.
· SPECIAL COMPILATION BY CHIEF MIKE CERUTTI OSAGIE
(“Czar of Letter”)
He can be contacted via +234 7042631895
*OR LOG TO VIEW @ http://worldindustryleaders.blogspot.com/2017/04/g-ceruttiworld-industry-leaders-onlin.html