DE Cerutti Books Special Online Tribute & Life Lessons Of “THE GREATEST” Muhammad Ali Out
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something". -Plato
PART 1: BRIEF INTRODUCTION
In his world pragmatic book, HOW SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE THINK, veteran author, John Maxwell The #1 New York Times Bestselling Author argued under the chapter, * Utilize Strategic Thinking*that" When Failure Is Not An option, nothing serves a person better than strategic thinking, for some people don't plan, for while some plan their lives one day at a time, others just live life as it comes”
But such was my thinking when the inspiration first got to me to do a mini success book on the greatest Muhammad Ali, many have often asked me , why book on Ali? Here is a man who have indeed inspired millions globally
In words of Malcolm Brown, Americas boxing writer, we can learn few important things from Ali and these lessons forms the summary of this epic quote book
I AM THE GREATEST! Billions of people heard these words rise from the spirit of Muhammad Ali. He devoured Sonny Liston, went to war with Joe Frazier, and made a mockery of the man who hit so hard, he made larger than life heavyweights fly across the ring. Yes, George foreman himself had to take account of Ali’s genius.
The truth is we live in a world of timid people who are fighting and trying their best to be “normal.” So your confidence offends them. But Mr. Ali teaches us different. He teaches us to exalt and proclaim your greatness. Win or lose, understand and fall in love with your greatness. Never dull yourself down to make feel comfortable. It’s a warriors’ mentality at its purest form.
Its 1967, Muhammad Ali is in his prime. Nobody in sight could touch him. He sustained victories over Cooper, Patterson, Chuvalo, Terrell just to name a few. All of a sudden the war in Vietnam has a huge flare. M
Muhammad Ali had been inducted to the U.S. draft. He then does something so against the grain it did two things. It first infuriated people. In the eyes of some Americans, denying the draft meant that you were “unpatriotic.” The Ali camp received huge backlash from his denial, position against the war, and his comments.
The second thing it did was inspired people. Most people understood that his position was strong and rooted in good morals. Being able to stand against the ridicule and hate to maintain your position was a huge sign of bravery.
My mom always said to stand for something or fall for anything. This is a call to again, find your identity and who you are. Knowing this is the only way to know what is acceptable in your life. Knowing who you are is knowing who you are not.
Ali knew this, and he taught us this in an infallible fashion. By sacrificing his time, , passion, title, and potentially his freedom.
According to biblical text, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.”-Hebrews 11:1 Let’s hone in on the, “evidence of things not seen” part. We live in a day in time where skepticism is a way of life. People wouldn’t believe their own hand if it weren’t attached to them.
There’s more to life and its inner workings than our eyes can see. And far past our level of understanding. That’s why science is always playing ketchup ( Haha…get it? I meant catch up, but I said ketchup…oh never mind!). But fear of the unknown is what keeps the minds of people trapped in a box.
This box is called logic. But faith on the other hand is the absence of fear. It is pure and highly concentrated belief. Having this will propel you farther than the well thought out facts and statistics.
Ali definitely had this. As a child he would tell the neighborhood children how great he was going to be. “I’m going to be the heavyweight champion of the world.” Of course they all would laugh.
Especially because no one in his family was anywhere close to heavyweight size. But he did what few people are persistent enough to do. And that’s make good on your promises. Faith allows you to borrow strength from the vision of your future and conquer the challenges facing you today.
The life lessons to learn from Ali are so numerous to name in one day, it s our hope and aspirations @ CERUTTI MEDIA & BOOKS INC that this token tribute book on best of Ali’s quote will inspire all and sundry to live their dreams and never think of the option of quitting the big picture
PART 2: ALI’S 50 GREATEST QUOTES
1. "My principles are more important than the money or my title."
2. "I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
3. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
4. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
5. "Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
6. "I've made my share of mistakes along the way, but if I have changed even one life for the better, I haven't lived in vain."
7. "If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you."
8. "Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even."
9. "It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."
10. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth. "
11. "It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen."
12. "The man who has no imagination has no wings."
13. "Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are."
14. "A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life."
15. "I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world."
16. "My only fault is that I don't realize how great I really am."
17. "It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself."
18. "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."
19. "I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life."
20. "Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
21. "It's not bragging if you can back it up."
22. "What keeps me going is goals."
23. "When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace."
24. "I wanted to use my fame and this face that everyone knows so well to help uplift and inspire people around the world."
25. "I'm no leader; I'm a little humble follower."
26. "Old age is just a record of one's whole life."
27. "Don't count the days; make the days count."
28. "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
29. "Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong."
30. "Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right."
31. "I don't count the sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting because they're the only ones that count. That's what makes you a champion."
32. "The will must be stronger than the skill."
33. "Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong."
34. "At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far."
35. "Now the things that once were so effortless - my strong voice and the quickness of my movements - are more difficult. But I get up every day and try to live life to the fullest because each day is a gift from God."
36. "Life is short; we get old so fast. It doesn't make sense to waste time on hating."
37. "I try to learn as much as I can because I know nothing compared to what I need to know."
38. "Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change."
39. "You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about."
40. "You don't lose if you get knocked down; you lose if you stay down."
41. "When a man says I cannot, he has made a suggestion to himself. He has weakened his power of accomplishing that which otherwise would have been accomplished."
42. "Just remember that you don't have to be what they want you to be."
43. "The only limitations one has, are the ones they place on themselves"
44. "I don't smoke but I keep a match box in my pocket, when my heart slips towards sin, I burn the matchstick and heat my palm with it, then say to myself, "Ali you can't even bear this heat, how would you bear the unbearable heat of hellfire?"
45. "My soul has grown over the years, and some of my views have changed. As long as I am alive, I will continue to try to understand more because the work of the heart is never done."
46. "What you are thinking is what you are becoming."
47. "Whatever the challenge was, however unattainable the goal may have seemed, I never let anyone talk me out of believing in myself."
48. "I'd like for them to say he took a few cups of love, he took one tablespoon of patience, teaspoon of generosity, one pint of kindness. He took one quart of laughter, one pinch of concern, and then, he mix willingness with happiness, he added lots of faith, and he stirred it up well, then he spreads it over his span of a lifetime, and he served it to each and every deserving person he met."
49. "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it."
50. "I am grateful for all my victories, but I am especially grateful for my losses, because they only made me work harder."
PART 3: Ali's profile
Ali was born in Louisville, Kentucky in 1942. He was named after his father, Cassius Marcellus Clay, Sr., (who was named after the 19th-century abolitionist and politician Cassius Clay). Ali would later change his name after joining the Nation of Islam. He subsequently converted to Sunni Islam in 1975.
Early boxing career
Muhammad Ali’s comeback
The Fight of the Century
Rumble in the Jungle
Muhammad Ali in retirement
Published by CERUTTI MEDIA & BOOKS Inc.
All the material contained in this book is provided for educational and Informational purposes only. No responsibility can be taken for any Results or outcomes resulting from the use of this material. While every Attempt has been made to provide information that is both accurate and Effective, the author does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or use/misuse of this information.
About the Author
MIKE CERUTTI OSAGIE
Also known as the’ THE Czar of Letters ” is the very definition of a "grass to grace" brand of success stories writer. Originally a sports' Writer, he was dramatically converted by Africa’s foremost publisher, Chief Nduka obaigbena, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of THISDAY newspapers to a people and life style writer. Mike Cerutti Osagie has since expanded his talent to deeper areas of writing from style, to branding, to business, to inspirational, to politics and is today carving out a niche as a premier luxury /Secret of Rich and famous people writer
A well-travelled showman, Mike has been on the wings from the word go and is the current award winning best style writer, best celebrity prolific writer and only recently voted as teens favorite young charity personality of the year. This is on account of his tireless efforts of bringing the world's attention to the plight of the blind and orphans in society.
An avid reader and prolific writer, Ceruti Osagie remains one of the few pen pushers who regularly writes about the rich and famous globally, and what they passed on way to top. He has written on a large number of famous people over the last few years on his online blogs: www.worldindustryleaders.blogspot.com &
, and today has over 9 books to his credit, including the highly controversial and globally accepted Donald Trump Book:
GOOD, BAD AND GODLY SIDE OF TRUMP
· * He can be contacted on roaming number + 234 7042631895 or firstname.lastname@example.org